The Best Basketball Training Gloves Review 2018: Powerhandz Vs BallHog
The popularity of basketball training gloves has grown rapidly over the past few years.
Basketball coaches are now realizing the value that these gloves have in rapidly improving ball handling, passing and catching ability.
In this article I will review the popular Powerhandz Training Gloves and compare and contrast them with the Ballhog brand.
The Best Basketball Training Gloves Review: Last Updated March 28, 2018 2:30 AM
Earning Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means BallTillWeFall.com earns a small commission if you decide to purchase products through these links. The price is the same for you though. Thanks for your support.
How Do Basketball Training Gloves Work?
Essentially basketball training gloves can help improve your dribbling ability in 2 ways:
- By strengthening the intrinsic muscles of the forearm, wrist and fingers with the use of strategically placed weighted inserts.
- By taking away the natural grip of the basketball and therefore forcing the player to work harder on finger and hand positioning to control the ball.
Strengthening The Muscles Of The Hand By Wearing Weighted Basketball Training Gloves Can Greatly Improve Your Handles!
By OpenStax [CC BY 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Popular Post: Recommended For You!
We hope you enjoy our basketball training gloves review and find it helpful in allowing you to better understand exactly how these innovative gloves can help make you a better baller.
The 3 Main Types Of Basketball Training Gloves
- Unweighted Anti-Grip Basketball Training Gloves - Ballhogs make what they call an anti-grip glove. These gloves have a specially designed surface that makes it more difficult to control the ball, therefore challenging the ball handlers co-ordination and motor patterning. Learn more about
Ballhog Anit-Grip (Unweighted).
- Weighted Anti-Grip Basketball Gloves- Both Powerhandz and Ballhog produce a similar product when it comes to the weighted basketball gloves variety. If you are going to spend the money, we suggest investing in one of these weighted varieties. Weighted gloves challenge the muscles in the hands and seem to derive much better performance enhancement than the purely anti-grip variety. Check out our Powerhandz Review and Ballhog Weighted Gloves Review To Learn More.
- Basketball Shooting Gloves- This article will purely focus on basketball training gloves that are designed to improve ball handling. However, you may have noticed a few other types of basketball gloves on the market. These gloves are most likely shooting gloves that are designed to correct basketball shooting form and function. You can see the most popular basketball shooting gloves for sale on amazon.com >>> HERE
Must See! Checkout The Top 5 Basketball Training Programs Of The Year (Improve Your Dribbling, Shooting, Jump Higher and Get Stronger With These Helpful Programs) >> GO
Our Final Word On The Best Basketball Training Gloves to buy online
As you can see there are only really 2 quality basketball training gloves on the market worth purchasing. The original Powerhandz and the Ball Hogs.
Personally, I prefer the Powerhandz as the product just seems better designed and manufactured. You can purchase the Powerhandz Here.
However, in saying that the Ball Hog gloves are also of great quality. Both have the potential to work very well with any quality indoor or outdoor basketball. Unfortunatly the BallHogs just don't look anywhere near as cool as the Powerhandz. You can purchase the Ball Hogs HERE.
If you want to learn how to become a better ball handler be sure to check out our popular How To Dribble like A Pro post. In this post you will find heaps of great videos, pro hacks and gear that will help you take you ball handling to the next level.
Also be sure to checkout our roundup of the best basketball dribbling equipment of the year.
If you are interested in more great basketball gear reviews be sure to check out our Basketball Training Equipment Roundup Page.
We hope you enjoyed our comparison of the best basketball training gloves currently available. We are always on the look out for the latest and greatest basketball gear to share with our community, so be sure to check back in the future for updates to this page.